Accountex Summit North, taking place at Manchester Central on 6 March next year, has unveiled its inaugural speaker line-up.
Hundreds of senior accountants and finance professionals based across the Midlands and North of England have already taken up their free delegate places at the industry’s new, must attend, one day accounting conference and exhibition.
The latest big name speakers to be confirmed are Sage’s Cameron John discussing efficiencies in the cloud, David Kaye from Intuit – Quickbooks giving his take on how to create a future-ready firm, Xero’s Damon Anderson outlining how to transform practices to embrace the digital revolution, and IRIS’s Steve Cox sharing his insights into the latest research on the accountancy climatic flip.
The summit will also feature topical Keynotes and discussions on digital tax, tools for management accountants, the transformation of the financial role, business challenges and new technology. Plus, Glenn Collins, head of technical advisory at ACCA, will head up an expert panel of practitioners debating the changing face of the accountancy practice and the growing importance of technology and strategies to deliver maximum business success.
There will be over 20 sessions in four dedicated theatres – including the Tech Theatre, How To Theatre, Practice Growth Theatre, and Business and Future Theatre – and the Keynote auditorium. The initial programme is available to view at www.accountexsummitnorth.co.uk/conference/speakers.
Speakers confirmed to date (in running order) include:
- Mark Wickersham, Effective Pricing: Value pricing – why ‘making tax digital’ means you must change your pricing model
- Paul Shrimpling, Remarkable Practice: The business growth accountant – how to transform your accountancy practice into a profitable and valuable advisory business
- Cameron John, Sage: It’s all about efficiencies in the cloud
- David Kaye, Intuit – Quickbooks: Creating a future-ready firm with QuickBooks
- Damon Anderson, Xero: Digital or die – transforming your practice for the digital revolution
- Daniel Richards, My Firms App: Bringing the best of the Add-ons together to strengthen your client relationship
- Amanda C. Watts, TwentyTwo Agency: Please will you marry me, Mr. Accountant? (a relationship first approach to marketing)
- Steve Pipe, AVN: How to become one of the world’s most inspiring, respected and profitable accountancy practices
- Ed Molyneux, FreeAgent: Rise of the robots, accountancy at a crossroads
- Gordon Gilchrist & Ian Fletcher, 2020 Innovation Training: The firm of the future
- Steven Cox, IRIS: The accountancy climatic flip – time for digital
- James Ashford, GoProposal: How we grew our firm’s monthly recurring revenue by 50% in 9 months
- Glenn Collins, ACCA Panel Debate: Changing face of the accountancy practice
- Gordon Gilchrist & Ian Fletcher, 2020 Innovation Training: Closing remarks and conference wrap up
Of course, the ‘big names’ aren’t just reserved for the theatres. The central exhibition boasts around 80 companies showcasing their latest products, services, software and solutions. Among them are 2020 Innovation, ACCA, Accountancy Age, AccountancyManager, AccountingWEB, AIA, Analyser Accounting, AutoEntry, BrightPay Payroll Software, CaseWare UK, CIMA, CIPP, CIS, Coface, Compleat Software, Debt Collection Services UK, DivDoc, Economia, Enterprise Tax Consultants, First Corporate Law Services, FreeAgent, FUJITSU, FUTRLI, GAAPweb, Global Infosys, ICB, IFA, Quickbooks, IRIS, Effective Pricing, MyFirmsApp, Octopus Blue, Opt Pensions, Practice Ignition, Premiere Capital, Qubic Tax, Receipt Bank, Redundancy Claims, RollPay, Sage, Spotcap, The Learn Centre, Wolters Kluwer and Xero.
Accountex Summit North is free to attend for accountants only. Places are limited, and all registrations will be verified and confirmed. To apply for a delegate ticket, please visit www.accountexsummitnorth.co.uk.
Sales and sponsorship enquiries:
Rachel Gregory, Sales Manager
t: +44 (0)1273 645145
e: [email protected]
Zoe Lacey-Cooper, Event Director
t: +44 (0)1273 944459
e: [email protected]
Diversified Communications UK Ltd (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton, Peterborough, and Nailsworth. Diversified UK’s portfolio includes Accountex Summit North (new for 2018); Accountex; SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; British Tourism & Travel Show; Casual Dining; lunch!; Commercial Kitchen; GO! Organic Festival (new for 2018); Natural & Organic Products Europe; Nordic Organic Food Fair & Natural Products Scandinavia in Malmö, Sweden; GEO Business; Ocean Business; MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference; Euro Bus Expo; and Coach & Bus UK. For more information, visit: www.divcom.co.uk.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company providing market access, education and information through global, national and regional face-to-face events, digital and print publications and television stations. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine, and business management. Based in Portland, Maine, USA, Diversified employs over 850 staff, across eight divisions in seven countries. For more information, visit: www.divcom.com.